Whether you're a large corporation or a small company, the chances are good that you've embraced digital marketing to some extent. The question is, have you embraced it correctly? In spite of the fact that digital marketing is relatively new tous it is evolving rapidly. It is now a necessary and an integral part of our business marketing world.
Each of the many and diverse digital marketing channels requires attention on a regular basis. While nearly every company is using digital marketing, many are not using it correctly and what's more, they aren't aware that they are not.
The top mistakes that small and large companies are making in digital marketing are these:
- Not being mindful of their content. Very often companies believe that any content is good content. They put out content in hoards and don't consider that it should be meeting a need or addressing a problem for their customers in order to compel them to read it. Using your content as a problem solver gets you on the map and people notice. Just putting up bland content that really addresses no issue or doesn't offer an innovative use of the product is a sure fire way to bore your users and prevent them from coming back to your site or social media area.
- Following current trends rather than developing and engaging their customers in their own unique way. As an example of this, there are some very common trends in website development. Many business sites look a great deal alike. A large header and slider and a great deal of colorless space. If every company has the website with the fat sliding header and yours is sleek clean and well designed in splashes of dynamic red, you're going to get noticed.
- Not paying attention to what people are saying or asking for. It is after all, a company that is supported by its customers. If you're not hearing them and addressing their needs, there isn't much point in marketing because you're sending the wrong message. Take a long look at what your customers are asking for and then offer it if you can.
- Not keeping a close watch on the data that you're gathering with your marketing. Mining the data and reviewing it periodically to see what you're doing so far as your marketing forays is imperative and gives you a good look at how you're doing and where you can improve.
- Two marketing entities operating separately. Both traditional and digital marketing is required to keep your company moving forward. Keeping the teams from collaborating with each other is a mistake that is very common, particularly in larger companies.
Digital marketing can offer you a great deal so far as improving your visibility, improving your brand and increasing your rate of growth. When used wisely, digital marketing can afford you a solid reputation and increased sales.
Make sure that you guard your online reputation zealously to get the best from your digital marketing.
We provide you with tips, tools and educational resources designed to help you in your career.
Photo: Elevate Talent Network